Emerson’s clinical laboratory is open 24x7 to deliver accurate and timely analysis for everything from basic blood tests to complex pathologic studies. Our highly qualified team uses the most sophisticated lab analytics to help diagnose and treat diseases. We work closely with clinicians to ensure you get the best care possible.
The main lab is located within the hospital and features:
- Six major clinical departments: chemistry, microbiology, blood bank, hematology/coagulation, comprehensive anatomic pathology/histology and cytology
- Three support departments: phlebotomy, specimen processing and lab administration/information systems
- Pathology specialists who use state-of-the-art instrumentation to dissect tissue specimens, examine slides and identify cancer cells, among other pathologies
- A professional staff of medical technicians and technologists
- For questions regarding laboratory operations, test requirements and other technical questions, please call the main laboratory at 978-287-3744.
Blood Draw & Specimen Collection Center - at Emerson Hospital
Emerson Hospital, John Cuming Building, 1st floor - Park in lower lot. Parking will be validated upon check-in.
- Monday–Friday: 7:00 am – 6:45 pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 8:00 am – 2:15 pm
Concord Specimen Collection Center
- Emerson Center for Specialty Care, 54 Baker Avenue Extension, Suite 202
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (closed 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm)
Fitchburg Specimen Collection Center
T: 978-577-0437 , option #3 and ask for the Emerson Lab Staff
- 19 Pierce Avenue, Suite B, Fitchburg MA - Enter the Pediatrics West Office
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (closed 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm)
Groton Specimen Collection Center
- Groton Health Center, 100 Boston Road, Groton MA
- Monday–Friday: 7:30 am – 4:45 pm (closed 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm)
Lexington/Bedford Specimen Collection Center
- 450 Bedford Street, Lexington MA
- Monday–Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (closed 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm)
Sudbury Specimen Collection Center
- Emerson Medical at Sudbury, 490 Boston Post Road, Sudbury MA
- Monday–Friday: 8:00 am – 4:15 pm (closed 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm)
Westford Specimen Collection Center
- Westford Health Center, Route 110, Westford MA
- Monday–Thursday: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday: 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am – 12:45 pm
All specimen collection center locations are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
The Blood Draw and Collection Center at Emerson and Westford Specimen Collection Center are open limited hours on President's Day, Patriots Day, Columbus Day and the day after Thanksgiving. All other specien collection center locations are closed on these days.