Cardiac problems are the number one health concern of American adults. Emerson’s cardiology programs are designed to provide patients with the best possible care in a convenient, hassle-free setting. Emerson brings the expertise of a world-renowned Harvard teaching hospital to our community.
Emerson Hospital offers a comprehensive array of services for patients with heart problems including:
- Coronary Care Unit where patients with serious heart problems are closely monitored and receive specialized, individual care.
- Telemetry Unit designed for patients with heart-related problems who require monitoring, but need less intensive nursing care than is provided in the CCU.
- The Mass General Cardiology Program at Emerson offers specialists in electrophysiology.
- Cardiology Lab offering testing for heart disease, including electrocardiograms (EKGs), trans-esophageal echocardiography, holter monitoring, echocardiograms, stress testing, nuclear stress testing and CT angiography.
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation Program designed for patients who have experienced a heart attack, coronary artery bypass grafting, angioplasty or valve replacement surgery or who suffer from angina.
- Board-certified cardiologists with offices in Concord and Westford.
- Pediatric cardiologist from Mass General with an office in Concord.
Support Services and Groups
Emerson Hospital offers a number of specialty services that complement the medical needs of many cardiovascular patients. These include:
The Surgical Weight Loss Center provides medical and surgical options for weight loss.
Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine helps patients manage problems with wound healing, sometimes a complication of vascular paroblems.
Elizabeth Agarwal Diabetes Center offers clinical care, support and education for patients with diabetes.
The Emerson Wellness Center for Mind and Body — Emerson offers a wide range of community health and wellness programs and classes that can help participants lower cardiac risk factors. Topics include heart-healthy eating with cooking demonstrations, the latest information on preventing and treating heart disease, programs that use hypnosis to help participants quit smoking or lose weight, and stress reduction programs that use yoga, meditation, reiki and qi gong.
Emerson’s cardiology program is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. The Mass General Cardiology Program at Emerson Hospital brings the expertise of a world-renowned academic medical center to a convenient location in Concord. Specialists in electrophysiology work with Emerson cardiologists to provide the best possible care to cardiovascular patients.