Emerson Hospital is pleased to announce the support of 24 sponsors and community partners for its 16th annual 5k Run ~ Walk for Cancer. The community-wide event will take place on Saturday, June 4 at The Thoreau Club, 275 Forest Ridge Road, Concord. The Run ~ Walk raises funds to support cancer care at the Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson Hospital - Bethke.
Community sponsors and partners joining presenting sponsor Cambridge Savings Bank include the following organizations:
• Tribute Level Sponsors -- The Patenaude/Fivek Team at Barrett Sotheby’s International Realty and The Thoreau Club.
• Sustaining Level Sponsors -- Middlesex Savings Bank, Northern Bank and Woodman & Eaton, a Monument Group Company.
• Supporting Level Sponsors -- Abode Builders, Acton Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Care One at Concord, Dermatology Associates of Concord, the DiGiovanni Family, Especially for Pets, Lexington Eye Associates, Life Care Center of Acton, Margo’s Hair and Body Design, Municipal Market Analytics, Newbury Court Deaconess Abundant Life, Salem Five Bank, the Wheelhouse and Wingate of Sudbury.
• Friend Sponsors -- Hemenway & Barnes, Dr. Martin J. Kafina, Lyon-Waugh Auto Group, H. Ivan Orup DMD and the Wilson Group.
• In-kind donations -- Jack Fultz, Lincoln resident and 1976 Boston Marathon winner, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Wegmans.
Each year, the Emerson Hospital 5k Run ~ Walk for Cancer brings the community together with a common goal of supporting care for cancer patients at Emerson. “We are very fortunate to have exceptional cancer care right in our community at Emerson Hospital,” says Kim Patenaude, event sponsor and Run~Walk committee member. “We are extremely honored to have so much wonderful support from the community for this annual event where hundreds of families, runners and walkers participate and celebrate to raise money for cancer care and enjoy a day filled with great fun for all.”
This year, the event will feature a timed 5k Run, a 5k Walk, a one-mile Fun Run for children ages 5-12, awards ceremonies, lunch and family activities including tie dye t-shirts, an inflatable obstacle course, volleyball, badminton, access to the outdoor swimming pool and more. For more information about the event, forming fundraising teams, or donations, please email email@example.com or visit online at www.emersonhospital.org/5k.
# # #
Emerson Hospital is a multi-site health system headquartered in Concord, Mass., with additional facilities in Sudbury, Groton and Westford. The 179-bed hospital provides advanced medical services to more than 300,000 individuals in 25 towns. To learn more, visit www.emersonhospital.org.