Emerson Hospital is a patient- and family-focused environment. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remains our top priority as we move into the first phase of COVID-19 recovery. In line with the guidance issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, our visitor policies have been updated.
Emerson Hospital does not allow routine visitors into the hospital and other patient care areas at this time. We understand how important family and friends are to patient care, so there will be exceptions, as identified in this policy. Patients will be encouraged to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means (e.g. phone, FaceTime). Alternative methods of visitation will be implemented when possible.
Visitor Policy, Effective May 20, 2020
Approved visitors will be screened for symptoms of, or known exposure to, COVID-19 prior to entering the facility per Emerson’s Screening Policy.
- Visitors will be asked to enter through the main entrance between the hours of 6:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Visitors entering the main hospital after 8 p.m. must enter through the Emergency Department entrance.
- The Clough Surgical and Birthing Center entrance is open for obstetrics and surgical patients from 5 a.m. –7 p.m.
One healthy visitor, age 18 or older, with no symptoms is permitted in the following circumstances:
- Pediatric inpatients (age 18 years old or under): 1 visitor (parent or caregiver)
- Patients with behavioral challenges, developmental delays where a support person (family member or other) is key to their care: 1 visitor
- Postpartum unit: 1 visitor (partner or support person)
- Labor & delivery unit: 1 visitor (partner or support person)
- Special care nursery: 1 visitor (parent or guardian)
- Emergency department: 1 visitor for patients with dementia, Comfort Measures Only (CMO), or miscarriage
- Pediatric emergency department patients: 1 visitor (parent/legal guardian)
- End-of-life circumstances: As approved by caregivers.
We understand this may be difficult and thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.