When you interact with Emerson Hospital, know that we strive to create a culture that embodies the highest standards of ethics and integrity in how we deliver medical care and services to you and every member of our community.
To that end, we’ve developed a formal Compliance Program designed to ensure that all hospital employees, board members, officers, contractors, volunteers and members of the medical staff act at all times in an exemplary manner and in full compliance with federal and state law, third-party payer policies, and the hospital’s own ethical and business policies.
If you have questions or concerns about corporate compliance at Emerson Hospital, you’re encouraged to call the Emerson Hospital Compliance Hotline at 978-287-3427. You can leave a message anonymously, or ask to speak with someone in the compliance department. If you leave a message, please share enough specific information so we can investigate your concern and/or return your call.
Here are some examples of issues that should be reported to the compliance hotline:
- Knowledge of employees working without proper social security numbers and/or working permits
- Inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, inadequately documented or fictitious claims for services
- Tampering with or altering any kind of financial statement
- Including false or misleading information in documents that our organization submits to government authorities or other payers
- Offering or accepting illegal inducements or kickbacks by any of our organization’s employees or contractors
- Security breaches by not adhering to the “Protecting Confidential Information” policy
- Tampering with or inappropriate documentation of a patient medical record
- Inadequate security or diversion of drugs or controlled substances
Emerson Hospital has a policy of non-retaliation against those who make good-faith reports of compliance concerns. Complaints may be made anonymously and every effort will be made to maintain confidentiality.
If you have questions or concerns about patient privacy at Emerson Hospital, please contact the Emerson Hospital Privacy Office Hotline at 978-287-3995.
Questions or concerns about information security at Emerson Hospital should be directed to the Emerson Hospital Information Security Officer at 978-287-8810.
Questions or complaints about a patient’s experience should be directed to the Patient Advocate at 978-287-3095.