When a problem with your ears, nose or throat (ENT) affects your hearing, breathing or speaking, Emerson Hospital offers you convenient, local access to specialists affiliated with the renowned Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary—named the #1 ENT service in the entire U.S. by U.S. News & World Report two years in a row.
These skilled specialists not only operate at Emerson Hospital and provide ENT coverage here, but should a rare or uncommon disorder require more advanced expertise, they can streamline referrals for even more specialized care in Boston.
The conditions our ENT specialists see
Our ENT specialists—also known as otolaryngologists—diagnose and treat a range of medical and surgical disorders of the ears, nose and throat in adults, including:
- Hearing loss
- Balance disorders
- Ear infections
- Sinus and nasal issues
- Snoring and sleep disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Tonsil and adenoid issues
- Facial and neck trauma
- Thyroid/parathyroid disorders
- Facial and cranial nerve disorders
- Cosmetic and facial reconstructive issues
- Head and neck cancer
Emerson Hospital also has a team of pediatric ENT specialists
who care for children with ear, nose and throat issues.
The services our ENT specialists provide
Emerson Hospital’s adult ENT specialists provide an array of medical and surgical services, including:
- Audiology (hearing) testing
- Endoscopic evaluation of nasal cavities/sinuses, throat and vocal chords
- Surgical management of thyroid/parathyroid disorders
- Ear tube placement
- Sinus surgery
- Nasal surgery including functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty
- Cosmetic facial surgery
- Facial reconstructive surgery after trauma or skin cancer excision
- Removal of a variety of head-and-neck malignancies or benign tumors
- Voice surgery
Fast, easy scheduling
For your convenience, our ENT specialists usually can see urgent patients the same day or within 24 hours. Routine visits are generally scheduled within a week or two.