When you or a loved one has a condition that requires outpatient infusion therapy, you will be glad to know that Emerson Hospital offers expert care at the Naka Infusion Center.
Staffed by a team of infusion-certified nurses with advanced specialty training, the Naka Infusion Center delivers advanced care in a spacious, welcoming facility designed for your comfort and well-being—and it is right here in Concord, conveniently close to home.
The conditions we treat at the Naka Infusion Center
Infusion therapy—when medications are administered directly into blood vessels (intravenously)—is a mainstay of treatment for various conditions, including:
- Cancer (certain types of chemotherapy are administered intravenously)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Blood disorders
- Infections that require IV antibiotics
We also provide phlebotomy services, blood transfusions, special injections prior to cardiac surgery, and immunizations at the Naka Infusion Center.
A gracious setting with thoughtful amenities
Because infusion therapy can last several hours at a time, the Naka Infusion Center has been designed with your comfort in mind. It features:
- 18 private and semi-private treatment bays with floor-to-ceiling windows for an abundance of natural light, along with appealing artwork, to create a soothing environment during treatment
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages; you may also bring meals from home to heat in our microwave
- A patient and family lounge with cable television
- Access to integrative therapies—such as massage therapy and Reiki—to help you cope with lengthy treatments and experience better outcomes
- Additional support from social services, nutritional counseling, pastoral counseling, and friendly hospital volunteers
The Naka Infusion Center is named in memory of Patricia Neilon Naka, thanks to the generosity of her husband, Robert Naka, Sc.D.