If you have a condition affecting your lungs or chest (thorax) that requires surgery, it’s important to know that Emerson Hospital has a board-certified thoracic surgeon who is skilled in the latest surgical procedures for treating complex lung and chest problems. Surgical procedures are performed at Mass General Hospital and you can receive pre and post operative care right here in Concord at Emerson.
This means you have access to top-quality care right here in your own community, conveniently close to home.
The conditions our thoracic surgeons treat
Emerson Hospital’s thoracic surgeons provide surgical treatment for a wide range of conditions affecting the chest and lungs, including:
- Chest wall deformities
- Disorders of the trachea (airway)
- Benign and malignant esophageal disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal tumors (abnormal tissue growths in the chest cavity between the lungs)
- Pleural diseases (pleura are thin membranes that line the inside of the chest cavity and outside of the lungs)
- Pulmonary hypertension (a lung disorder in which the blood pressure in the pulmonary artery rises above normal levels)
- Disorders of the thymus, a small organ that’s part of the immune system
The services our thoracic surgeons provide
Our highly trained thoracic surgeon uses today’s most advanced technologies and techniques to provide the best-possible surgical care, working closely with your primary care physician and other specialists to integrate surgical care into a comprehensive treatment plan.