Donate blood. Save a life.
Help us meet a critical and constant need in our community. Please consider donating. Call 978-287-3390 to schedule an appointment. The Blood Donor Center is located on the first floor of the John Cuming Building.
Preparing to Donate Blood
Before you donate blood, we recommend doing the following:
- Stay hydrated. Increase your fluids with an extra 16 ounces or 2 cups of water the day before donating. Then hydrate right before arriving with another 16 oz. of water.
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Bring a valid photo ID and a list of current medications.
- Eat a salty snack shortly before donating.
Have a question about donating blood? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call ahead before coming in to ensure that we are open.
Since June 2003 Emerson Hospital has been granted a waiver by the FDA that allows us to draw blood from patients with hereditary hemochromatosis (HH) without a fee. Physicians must complete the below form to attest that the patient has HH as documented by positive clinical findings, a lab test, and/or genotype that confirms the diagnosis. This order is good for one year. Our medical director will review the form and then the patient can come to the Emerson Blood Donor Center for therapeutic phlebotomy.
• Hereditary Hemochromatosis Physician Request Form [PDF]