Whether you’re waiting for someone who’s having day surgery or visiting someone who’s an inpatient, Emerson Hospital offers several conveniences to make the time you spend here at the hospital more pleasant and comfortable.
- The Gift Shop at Emerson, located on the second level near the hospital’s main entrance (street level as you enter the building), is filled with thoughtful gift items, accessories, plush toys, baby gifts and fresh flowers, as well as a large selection of women’s clothing and accessories
- A Middlesex Savings Bank ATM is located diagonally across the hall from the Gift Shop
- The North Bridge Café, also on the second level near the hospital’s main entrance, is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily
- The Atrium Café, located in the lobby of Emerson’s John Cuming Building, is open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Free wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) is available throughout the hospital including all waiting areas, the North Bridge Café and patient rooms
- Vending machines with nutritious options are located outside of the Café on the main hospital level and in the Surgical Day Waiting room
Dining at Emerson
Whatever your reason for visiting Emerson Hospital, know that you have convenient options for a healthy meal or snack while you’re here:
North Bridge Café
The North Bridge Café is open from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm daily. The menu is varied and bountiful, with choices ranging from soup to salad bar, to sandwiches and hot entrées. The North Bridge Café is located on the second level near the hospital’s main entrance (which is street level as you enter the building).
The Atrium Café is convenient if you’re passing through Emerson's John Cuming Building. Located in this building’s lobby, the café is open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. It offers a range of foods and beverages, including coffee, iced tea, assorted juices and soft drinks, muffins, yogurt, hummus, seasonal fruit, grab n' go sandwiches, salads and pastries.
Healthy Alternatives during off-peak times
If you are waiting for a friend or loved one during off-hours, there are healthy choices in the vending machines outside the Atrium Café or in the waiting area of the Clough Surgical waiting room.