At Emerson Health, donations are our lifeblood. Without your generosity, we would not be able to deliver the outstanding medical care our patients deserve. It is what drives us forward and keeps our community thriving.
In fact, philanthropy is what started it all.
The need for high-quality, local healthcare motivated Charles Emerson to make the founding donation that created Emerson Hospital in 1911. Today, his legacy continues — thanks in part to the many people who support the hospital through tax-deductible donations.
When you make a gift to Emerson Health, you become our partner in sustaining this legacy — and ensuring that the finest health care remains available to our community.
There are many ways to give
Donations to Emerson are greatly appreciated — and easy to make. You can make a gift online or send a check to Emerson Health Foundation at 133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742.
Here are some giving opportunities we hope you will consider:
A gift to the Emerson Health Annual Appeal helps advance quality care by supporting a range of important hospital services. Through investments in staff, infrastructure and technology Emerson promotes a healthy lifestyle. Annual Appeal donations help keep the hospital a vital community resource. Learn more about the Annual Appeal
donor advised funds
Use your donor advised fund (DAF) to make a gift to Emerson Health. A donor advised fund is a philanthropic vehicle established at a public charity. It allows donors to make a charitable contribution, receive an immediate tax benefit and then recommend grants from the fund over time. An easy way to think about a donor advised fund is like a charitable savings account: a donor contributes to the fund as frequently as they like and then recommends grants to their favorite charity.
Why give through a DAF?
- Simplicity: Your DAF will handle all record-keeping, disbursements and tax receipts. You avoid the cost and complexities of managing a private foundation. There are no transaction fees, which means 100 percent of your gift will go to Emerson Health.
- Flexibility: The timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision-making.
- Tax benefits: Contributions to your DAF are tax-deductible and your investments in your DAF appreciate tax-free. You receive an immediate income tax deduction in the year you contribute to your DAF. Moreover, your DAF will not be subject to estate taxes.
- Legacy: To continue your support of Emerson Health after your lifetime, you can designate the hospital as a beneficiary to receive a portion of your DAF. The remaining balance can be managed by your loved ones to continue your philanthropic legacy.
Donate from your Individual Retirement Account
If you are at least 70 ½ years old, you can make a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA to Emerson Health and, for federal tax purposes, exclude those funds from your gross income. Simply instruct your IRA administrator to directly transfer a gift of up to $100,000 using the informations provided below. It will count toward your required minimum distribution this year and help Emerson Health deliver quality medical care to our community.
Grateful Patient Giving
Our Gifts of Gratitude program is a way for patients to recognize and commemorate the compassionate care received at Emerson Health. These gifts allow Emerson to support the work of the clinicians who care for you, as well as the many patients who also need care and support.
Tribute gifts to honor someone
Make a gift in honor of a friend or loved one to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or special occasion. We will notify the honoree of your thoughtful gesture.
Tribute gifts to commemorate someone
Make a gift in memory of a deceased loved one or friend. When making your memorial donation, please inform us of the name of the deceased and next of kin to be notified of your gift.
Emerson Health Foundation raises funds for capital projects, equipment and programs through targeted capital campaigns and other major gift initiatives. This focused approach has enabled Emerson Health to undertake some major improvements and acquire important new technology — significantly enhancing patient care. Learn more about capital giving.
Contribute Stocks and Bonds
Use your appreciated securities to support Emerson Health while reducing your capital gains tax. You can make an immediate impact by transferring shares of one or more publicly traded securities, such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds, to Emerson Health. If you choose to donate in this way, please let us know, and use our legal name and federal tax ID number.
- Stock transfer: Ask your banker or broker to call Emerson Health Foundation at 978-287-3001 for transfer instructions. Please provide your name, broker name, type of stock to be transferred and gift designation.
- Mutual fund shares: Contact your mutual fund manager for specific instructions on making a gift from your account. This process may take several weeks to complete.
Emerson Health has been shaped in significant ways by donations of planned gifts. This type of philanthropy offers flexible tax-advantages to donors, and has been instrumental in maintaining the hospital’s vitality and continued growth. Learn more about planned giving.
If your employer offers matching gifts, it’s an opportunity to multiply your gift to Emerson Health. Your employer’s human resources department can provide you with a form to initiate the matching gift.
Emerson Health Foundation, 133 Old Road to Nine Acre Corner, Concord, MA 01742
Federal Tax ID Number: 04-2770980
Payable to: Emerson Health Foundation