If you or a loved one is struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues, Emerson Hospital’s Behavioral Health department can help. We provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient mental health and chemical dependency treatment services for adults in a safe, caring environment.
In fact, Emerson Hospital serves as a regional treatment facility for several managed health care plans — a testament to the high quality and effectiveness of our behavioral health services.
An estimated 1 in 5 adults experiences a mental health issue every year. There is no shame in seeking help, and our multidisciplinary staff of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed social workers, nurses and other behavioral health professionals is here to provide it.
Our specialty expertise includes:
- Substance abuse (opioid, alcohol and other addiction issues)
- Crisis stabilization (de-escalating someone’s level of distress associated with substance use or a mental health disorder)
- ECT (electro-convulsive therapy)
- Depression and anxiety
- Family and relationship problems
- Chronic mental illness
- Psychopharmacology (medication to treat mental health issues)
- Geriatrics (behavioral health issues in older adults)
We work closely with patients, families, primary care physicians and other health care providers to deliver an integrated program of evidence-based behavioral therapy and other support services to adults in need.
The services we offer
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Listen to Sid Pani, MD, of Emerson Primary Care of Sudbury, explain the signs, symptoms, risk, and ways to prevent or alleviate seasonal affective disorder.
Subscribe to the Health Works Here Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and wherever podcasts can be heard.