Collaborating for cutting-edge cancer care.
With comprehensive radiation oncology and medical oncology services, as well as Mass General thoracic cancer surgery consultations all under one umbrella, the Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson Hospital-Bethke achieves highly coordinated care for Concord-area residents.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center’s joint program with Emerson Hospital brings together experienced cancer specialists, leading-edge technology and the latest treatment options. Concord-based Mass General physicians coordinate care with clinicians at Mass General’s main campus downtown offering patients access to more specialized services, should they need it.
Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson Hospital – Bethke
Patients will find:
- Expert specialists including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other clinicians
- Sophisticated diagnostic imaging such as a 64-slice CT scanner, MRI scanner, ultrasound, bone scans, digital mammography and PET/CT, to detect cancer at its earliest stages and to help determine treatment plan. Many biopsy techniques don’t require surgery thanks to new image-guided techniques. Our experienced pathology staff plays an important role in diagnosing cancer by examining tissues, tumors and blood samples to define the extent of the cancer and how it may respond to various treatments.
- Integrative therapies such as dance therapy, massage, acupuncture, yoga, and Reiki, which can be effective in addressing nausea, pain and fatigue, and in bolstering the immune system. We encourage you to speak with your physician if you are interested in combining these or other complimentary therapies with your cancer treatment.
- Genetic counseling, where genetic counselors and medical oncologists provide screening and referrals for genetic testing to help determine cancer risk.
- Access to large clinical trial programs in Boston, which can answer questions about new ways to find, diagnose, treat and prevent cancer, as well as manage its symptoms.
Many of today’s treatments resulted from information learned in past research trials. Support services such as:
- Social work, can help coordinate and integrate support services at any time from initial diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
- Pain management and physical, occupational and speech therapy during and after treatment, through the Center for Rehabilitative and Sports Therapies.
- Emerson Home Care, which can provide support in the home and care coordination if a hospice referral is desired.
Practitioners work collaboratively with medical and radiation oncology teams to provide care and support after active treatment through these and other survivorship programs.
The Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Radiation Oncology at Emerson Hospital is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). ACR accreditation means that the department has met rigorous standards for the qualifications of personnel, policies and procedures, equipment specifications, quality assurance activities, patient safety and ultimately the quality of patient care.
For more information on any of these services or to make a medical oncology appointment, call 978-287-3436
. If you already have been referred for radiation oncology treatment and need to schedule a consultation with a radiation oncologist, call 978-287-3290
. Consultation with a radiation oncologist, call 978-287-3290