Pre-Procedure COVID-19 Testing
All patients must undergo COVID-19 testing within 72 hours prior to your procedure. You can be tested at the Emerson drive-up testing site located outside the emergency department or at Emerson Urgent Care in Littleton. Someone will call you to schedule this test and provide further instructions.
After testing, patients must:
- Self-quarantine at home prior to coming into the hospital for your procedure to reduce your chance of exposure. This includes limiting your exposure to anyone outside of your household. Plan ahead. Prior to your test, be sure you have all essential items so you do not have to leave your home during quarantine.
- If you develop any symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, call your surgeon’s office. They will determine the appropriate next steps for you.
What to Expect the Day of Your Procedure
We have put many precautions in place to assure patients safety when coming to Emerson for an endoscopic procedure, these include:
- Upon arrival at the main entrance of the hospital, you will be asked to sanitize your hands, screened for symptoms and given a mask to wear. You will be escorted to the endoscopy suite by a member of the team.
- Patient care, before, during, and after surgery, will NOT be in a patient care area with COVID-19 positive patients. These patients are cared for in separate areas from all other patients.
- All visitors are restricted from the hospital with the exception of patients coming for labor and delivery, pediatrics, those with altered mental status and end-of-life care. With these exceptions, no other visitors are allowed in the endoscopy center. Please make arrangements for a support person to drop you off and pick you at the hospital’s main entrance.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE THROUGHOUT OUR FACILITIES
- Screening/Masks: Everyone entering our hospital — staff, patients and visitors — are screened for symptoms, required to sanitize their hands, and provided a mask that they must wear throughout their visit. We will make accommodations for patients who cannot tolerate a mask.
- Testing: Staff are screened for symptoms daily and required to stay home if they are sick. Staff with symptoms are unable to return to work until they recover.
- PPE: Our staff have the proper personal protective equipment in ample supply and follow strict guidance from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Cleaning: Emerson has a dedicated team of professional environmental services associates specifically dedicated to cleaning health care environments. They use the most advanced chemicals and materials to ensure our clinical and public spaces are cleaned professionally. Ample hand sanitizer is placed throughout our facilities and commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned frequently around the clock.
- Infection Prevention: Emerson has a fully-staffed infection control department, including an infectious disease physician and nurse, to ensure we implement best practices.
Read more about our commitment to safety.