If you or someone you care about suffers from kidney disease, you will be glad to know that Emerson Hospital has a team of expert nephrologists (doctors who specialize in diagnosing and treating kidney disease) who care for adults and children
This gives you access to comprehensive, high-quality care for all types of kidney disease, conveniently close to home.
The conditions our nephrologists see
Emerson Hospital’s kidney specialists provide expert care for patients with all forms of kidney disease, including:
- Acute kidney (renal) failure
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD
- Kidney stones and calcium deposits in the kidneys
- Urinary tract infections
- Metabolic diseases that affect the kidneys, blood pressure and blood chemistry
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Proteinuria (protein in the urine)
- Glomerular disease (diseases that injure the glomeruli, the tiny filtering units within the kidney where blood is cleaned)
- Polycystic kidney disease (PKD, a condition in which many fluid-filled cysts grow in the kidneys)
The kidney disease services our nephrologists provide
You can turn to Emerson Hospital’s kidney disease specialists for comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including:
- Dietary and nutritional counseling
- Dialysis (hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis)
- Kidney transplantation, performed through Emerson’s collaboration with respected hospitals in Boston and Worcester, with follow-up care available here
Importantly, our nephrologists work closely with the other members of your healthcare team to provide complete, coordinated care.
Support Services and Groups
Emerson Hospital also offers a wide range of community health and wellness programs and classes
that can help you learn about maintaining your health and managing the stress associated with an illness like kidney disease.