If your child suffers from a respiratory disorder and has trouble breathing, know that your child can be seen in your community by a pediatric pulmonologist for expert diagnosis and treatment.
Through our affiliation with the respected MassGeneral Hospital for Children, you have convenient, local access to expert pediatric pulmonologists who evaluate and treat conditions of the lungs and respiratory tract in infants, children, and adolescents.
The lung conditions our pediatric pulmonologists see
The pediatric pulmonologists at Emerson Hospital work with your child’s primary care physician and other specialists to provide advanced diagnosis and treatment for a wide variety of respiratory conditions, including:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chronic/recurrent cough
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pneumonia and infectious lung conditions
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep apnea
The pediatric pulmonology services we offer
You can count on the pediatric pulmonology specialists for complete diagnostic and treatment services, including:
- The latest lung function testing
- Pulmonary rehabilitation with specially trained pediatric respiratory therapists
- Comprehensive medical and surgical treatments tailored to your child’s unique needs
- Dietary and nutritional counseling and support
- Education and guidance to empower you and your child to manage his or her condition
Importantly, the MassGeneral Hospital for Children pediatric pulmonologists who see patients here at Emerson not only understand the medical complexities of your child’s condition, but also the emotional impact of lung and breathing disorders on your child and your entire family.
In addition, we have a Pediatric Intervention Team (PIT)
available to help ease the fears of children and their families during difficult examinations and procedures.