As 2023 comes into view, Emerson Health shares five New Year’s Resolutions to help improve your physical and mental health in the New Year.
1. Make an appointment for a check-up. If you do not have a primary care physician or are looking to change, you can find lots of experienced doctors at emersondocs.org. To identify a doctor that is a good fit for you, contact the office and ask questions about their approach with patients, ease of getting an appointment, experience, and interests. Some offices offer meet-and-greet sessions with doctors so you can get to know them and decide if there is a fit.
2. Schedule your health screenings. One of the best ways to stay well and reduce major health problems is to get your regular health screenings. These include:
If you are not sure if you are due for a routine screening or vaccination, call your doctor’s office and ask. They will guide you appropriately.
3. Find a fitness program you love. A great way to get in shape and keep your mind fresh is regular exercise that you enjoy. Check out Emerson’s Steinberg Wellness Center for Mind and Body for more than 100 in-person and virtual classes for dance, yoga, and everything in between.
4. Do not worry alone. Does something feel not-quite-right? Do you have a nagging ache or pain? Are you more tired than usual? Do you have regular headaches? Are you frequently anxious? Do not worry alone. Call your doctor. They will help you on the path to feeling good again.
5. If you need help, find help. We recently launched Find Help, a website you can use to find local resources for a variety of needs, including mental health, childcare, senior care, food, housing, transportation, and more. Visit emersonhealth.findhelp.com. Bookmark the site for whenever you or a loved one needs quick access to help.
What are some of your healthy New Year’s resolutions? Let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy New Year!