Spring is in the air and we can not wait to fill our plates with bright, fresh veggies after a winter of root and frozen vegetables. Celebrate the season with this tasty Tuscan-style roasted asparagus recipe.
- 1½ pounds fresh trimmed asparagus
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- halved 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place the asparagus, tomatoes, and pine nuts on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add to asparagus and toss to coat.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or just until asparagus is tender.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice sprinkle with cheese and lemon zest.
- Toss to combine.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving provides:
- 95 calories
- 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 3 mg cholesterol
- 294 mg sodium
- 4 g carbohydrate (2 g sugars, 1 g fiber)
- 3 g protein
Health Works Here Podcast
Liz Berman, a registered dietitian nutritionist with Acton Medical Associates, explains how to use food to boost your immune system.
Subscribe to the Health Works Here Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and wherever podcasts can be heard.