We understand our patients are eager to see us for routine visits, screenings and elective procedures — we are eager to see you, too! We are currently in phase 1 of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Reopening Plan that allows us to expand care for high-priority preventative services by following strict protocols. These types of services include pediatric care, immunizations, chronic disease care for patients who are at high risk, and urgent procedures that can no longer be delayed. We are prepared to safely open all services as soon as the state allows.
What Does this Mean for Patients?
- If you are sick call your doctor! If you don’t have a primary care provider or specialist you can find one here. Do not put off necessary care. Taking care of your health is essential.
- If you have a non-emergency health need, call your health care provider to determine the best option for you. This could be an in-person visit or telehealth.
- Depending upon your appointment type, you may be asked to call ahead prior to arrival. Please follow the specific instructions provided to you when you schedule your appointment. If you have questions or would like clarity, please call the office. The staff are available to answer all of your questions to help ensure a safe and smooth experience for you.
- Emergency care, surgeries and procedures continued throughout the pandemic and we recently resumed urgent surgeries and procedures, as well as necessary elective procedures for patients that cannot be delayed any longer. Patients have shared positive feedback and are grateful to have their procedures done!
How are We Keeping Patients Safe?
- Our providers and staff are specially-trained in assuring your health and safety.
- When you come to the hospital, you will be screened at the entrance for symptoms, asked to sanitize your hands, and provided a mask to wear. We continue to distribute and require masks be worn by all staff, patients and visitors.
- Visitors remain restricted and social distancing precautions are in place to limit those in all Emerson facilities.
- Ample hand sanitizer is placed throughout our facilities and commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned frequently around the clock.
- Our professional Environmental Services (EVS) team thoroughly cleans every area of our facilities — adhering to the most stringent protocols. Learn more about our EVS Team here.
- We have special protocols in place in our Clough Surgical Center, including a dedicated entrance.
Hear from Some of Our Patients about their Experience
“I had a procedure done at Emerson’s Clough Surgical Center on May 20. I did not have any apprehension and was glad I could get the procedure done. The experience was very smooth, the hospital was clean and sterile, and I felt safe.” – Charlotte P., Acton
“Emerson ensures strict protocols are in place upon entering the facility through pre-surgery, the operation, recovery and departure. Along this route are caring and skilled individuals who make the experience a safe and very good one. Everything about having my surgical procedure the week of May 18 was a good experience. I would want people to know they should not be apprehensive about having surgery at Emerson. The atmosphere was very nice and the hospital was clean. It was a very good experience.” Richard M., Chelmsford
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and patience with our new protocols. They are all in place to keep you and our staff safe. We welcome your feedback!