When a lung condition affects your ability to breathe and function normally, know that you can turn to Emerson Hospital’s Pulmonary Medicine & Respiratory Care Department for expert diagnosis, treatment, education and rehabilitative services.
We have a team of pulmonary specialists—physicians with advanced knowledge and skill in diagnosing and treating pulmonary (lung) conditions and diseases—along with respiratory therapists, nurses and others with expertise in lung care who are here to help you.
Importantly, we also have a team of pediatric pulmonologists
who specialize in treating lung and breathing disorders in children.
The conditions our pulmonary medicine team sees
Emerson Hospital’s pulmonary specialists see the full range of respiratory disorders, including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) including emphysema and chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Environmental or occupational lung diseases such as asbestosis
- Lung cancer
- Lung infections
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Symptoms such as shortness of breath and cough
The pulmonology services we provide
Emerson Hospital’s Pulmonary Medicine and Respiratory Care Department provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services, including:
- Pulmonary function testing
- Asthma challenge testing
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Evaluations at the Sleep Disorders Center
- Mobilization and pulmonary rehabilitation to increase breathing capacity
- Pulmonary hygiene and suctioning
- Nutrition/dietary counseling
- Thoracic surgery
- Family education and participation
Low-dose CT lung cancer screening
Emerson Hospital offers low-dose CT screening (LDCT) to help detect lung cancer at its early stages in current and former smokers. Learn more about this important screening program
Support services and groups
Emerson Hospital offers an array of community health and wellness programs and classes designed to support patients with a wide range of health issues.
Programs for patients with pulmonary and respiratory illness include a Better Breathers Club
and Sleep Disorders Support
For more information about Pulmonary Medicine at Emerson Hospital, please call 978-287-3740