Increasing awareness of hospital services
The Auxiliary holds special events for members and their guests in order to spread the word about Emerson Hospital’s wide range of high-quality health care services. These events include presentations at coffees, luncheons and evening gatherings.
Hosting programs that inform and educate
The Auxiliary offers programs to our community that feature Emerson Hospital’s well-respected medical professionals who share their expertise on current health and wellness topics. Check out and be involved in Auxiliary-sponsored events.
Funding important initiatives to enhance care
Through the Auxiliary’s fundraising efforts, we’ve enabled the hospital to purchase technology for real-time communication among departments, cardiac rehabilitation equipment and programs, state-of-the-art 3D mammography, nursing education, and more.
Notably, recent Auxiliary contributions have supported:
- The renovation of Emerson's level II special care nursery. This project created a more efficient and appropriate environment for those infants who are at risk of serious complications related to immaturity or illness.
- The expansion of the Naka Infusion Center, which provides advanced care for patients undergoing infusion chemotherapy, patients with blood disorders, individuals requiring intravenous antibiotics, or those taking pain management medication.
- A convenient MedSafe drop-off location in the John Cuming Building allowing the community to safely dispose of any unwanted prescriptions.
- Domestic violence kits for victims who arrive in the emergency department without any personal effects.
- Colorful superhero johnnies for children to wear during their hospital stay, hopefully making their visit a little bit more comfortable.