Digestive problems can seriously affect your daily life and long-term health, so it’s important to take care of your digestive system. Fortunately, expert help is available at Emerson Hospital.
With a team of highly trained gastroenterologists — doctors who specialize in digestive health — and a state-of-the-art Endoscopy Center, we offer timely screening, accurate diagnosis, and advanced medical and surgical treatment of the full range of digestive disorders.
Our specialists’ aim is to treat the cause, not just the symptoms, of your digestive issues with the latest medical knowledge, advanced technology and today’s most sophisticated surgical techniques — delivering a high level of comprehensive care that’s conveniently close to home.
The digestive conditions we see
Our gastroenterology specialists provide excellent care for any issue involving the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, biliary tract, gallbladder, pancreas, colon and rectum. These conditions can include:
- Acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease/GERD)
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Celiac-sprue (gluten intolerance)
- Chronic diarrhea
- Colorectal cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Fecal incontinence
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Irritable bowel syndrome and chronic severe constipation
- Liver disease, including hepatitis C and cirrhosis
- Pancreatic cancer
- Peptic ulcers
- Rectal prolapse
The digestive health services we offer
A comprehensive array of screening, diagnostic testing and treatment resources is available at Emerson Hospital, including:
- Medical gastroenterology, evaluation, treatment and management of digestive disorders using medication, diet and other lifestyle changes
- Colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy, tests to screen for and help diagnose colorectal cancer
- Gastroscopy, an upper endoscopy that uses advanced video endoscopic equipment to examine the esophagus, stomach and duodenum (first part of the small intestine)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP), a sophisticated procedure that combines an endoscope with X-ray to examine the tubes that drain the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Gastrointestinal surgery by a GI surgeon fellowship-trained in minimally invasive surgery
- Pediatric gastroenterology that provides GI expertise for infants, children, adolescents and teens
Health & Wellness classes
Emerson Hospital offers community health and wellness programs and classes
designed to support patients with a wide range of health issues, including cooking, nutrition and natural therapies classes.