Surgery at Emerson
Emerson Hospital is an acute care facility known for its medical and surgical specialists, outstanding nursing care and patient-centered services. Emerson consistently earns high marks in patient satisfaction surveys. Emerson's Clough Surgical Center includes the latest technology but was designed for the comfort and privacy of patients and family members. In addition to our skilled, experienced surgeons and anesthesiologists, all the support you need is here: seasoned nursing staff, the Pediatric Intervention Team for children, and family liaisons — volunteers who keep you informed when a loved one is having surgery.
The below PDF contains forms all new patients need to fill out and bring to your first appointment. These include patient registration and health history, your rights and protections against surprise medical bills, and location information.
If you are a breast health patient, please also fill out the below form, which contains additional breast health information.
We accept most major health plans, including:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Boston Medical Center Connector Plan B
- AETNA US HealthCare
- Commonwealth Care Alliance Senior Care Options
- Fallon Community Health Plan
- Fallon Select Care
- Companion Care – We accept only as a supplement
- Senior Plan – We accept only as a supplement
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- HP Focus Network
- MassHealth/Medicaid – Standard (Only accept Partners Healthcare Choice ACO)
- Neighborhood Health Plan – Commercial
- Network Health – Commercial Only
- Tufts Health Plans
- Tufts Health Plan Senior Care Options
- Tufts Direct
- Tufts Medicare Preferred
- Tufts Network Health
- US Family Health Plans
- Unicare – GIC
This list is not comprehensive, and we recommend you check with your insurance provider to determine coverage. Please remember to bring your insurance card with you to every visit. This will avoid delays when you are checking in. If you have any questions about insurance or your coverage, please call our office manager at 978-287-3547.
Visit the following websites for more information and helpful resources on surgery and services at Emerson.