Emerson Urology Associates is dedicated to advanced care of urologic conditions. Its expert physicians use leading-edge, patient-focused treatments, including the most advanced care for prostate cancer in New England. Everything you need to diagnose and treat your urologic conditions are available at Emerson, including state-of-the-art equipment, on-site lab, full suite of advanced imaging capabilities, infusion center, and medical and radiation oncologists affiliated with Mass General Hospital.
A urologist is a doctor who specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. Problems with these parts of the anatomy can be physically and emotionally challenging for patients. You can count on the urologists at Emerson Hospital to provide the most advanced care for these uniquely personal conditions — with the highest level of compassion.
Our team of expert urologists trained at some of the country's top urology hospitals. They specialize in providing minimally-invasive treatment options for a wide range of urologic conditions, and are dedicated to preserving urinary and sexual function, which often are affected by these disorders.
Fill out the form below to request an appointment
Emerson’s team understands urology in scientific, medical, and personal ways. Some of our physicians wrote the book on kidney cancer treatments that is used in top medical schools, and have experienced complex urologic conditions themselves. We understand our patients’ medical and personal needs and work hard to help patients overcome them, using the latest treatments, resulting in the best outcomes.
The conditions we see
Emerson’s urologists see the full range of urologic conditions affecting adults and children, including:
Take this health quiz to help determine your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Urologic cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Prostate enlargement and obstruction
- Stone disease (kidney, bladder and ureteral stones)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Incontinence in men and women
- Urinary tract infections
- Pediatric conditions including congenital (present at birth) issues
The services our urologists provide
Emerson Hospital’s experienced urologists provide comprehensive medical and surgical services for urologic conditions, offering the most advanced diagnostic and treatment expertise available — right here in Concord.
These services include:
- World-class expertise for treating urologic cancers — Our collaboration with the renowned Massachusetts General Hospital gives you access to world-class urologic cancer specialists and advanced technology in a convenient setting that is close to your home and family. We have advanced expertise in diagnosing and treating bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer (including performing complex partial nephrectomies) and testicular cancer.
- Multiparametric MRI — This is a specialized MRI scan to identify areas of the prostate that might be cancerous. Emerson has a partnership with Shields Imaging to detect the precise location of cancer, which is critical to effectively treat the cancer, without affecting other areas of the prostate, and improve outcome
- Advanced treatments for prostate enlargement and obstruction including transurethral resection (TURP), laser surgery, and office-based thermal (heat) therapies
- Minimally invasive treatments for kidney, bladder and ureteral stones including lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL, in which kidney stones are removed through a tiny puncture in the skin using a small flexible telescope), and ureteroscopy (the “scope” is used to remove stones in the ureter)
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) treatments including oral medications, injection therapy and prosthesis surgery
- Infertility services including advanced testing, vasectomy and vasectomy reversal
- Incontinence therapies including surgical treatment and non-surgical physical rehabilitation
- Pediatric care including procedures to address undescended testes and hydrocele. Emerson’s highly regarded Pediatric Intervention Team helps make the experience more comfortable for young patients and their families
Emerson Physicians Author Textbook on Renal Cancer
Physicians at Emerson Urology Associates know that training the next generation of urologists is essential for advancing research, treatments, and patient care. They are proud to have authored a textbook on Contemporary Management of Renal Cancer that is used by Clinical urologists, medical students and researchers. The book has received outstanding reviews including these:
“This is a useful book that provides a broad and through overview of kidney cancer. It is unique as few books are dedicated to inclusively cover all relevant topics of kidney cancer.”
“A valuable resource for physicians and researchers dealing with renal cancer, Renal Cancer: Contemporary Management, Second Edition provides a comprehensive summary of the field that will guide patient management and stimulate further clinical and basic science research efforts.”
For more information about the Renal Cancer: Contemporary Management textbook please visit Springer Publishing's website
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Fill out the below form to request an appointment with Emerson Urology Associates. A member of our staff will get back to you during normal business hours.