Open Physician Positions at Emerson
- Evening & Weekend
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care
- Leadership potential
If you are a physician and are interested in practicing at Emerson, contact Diane Forte Willis, director of physician recruitment and relations, at 978-287-3002 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a place where you can do work that matters, alongside other dedicated healthcare professionals and a supportive leadership team? At Emerson Health you will find:
- Award-winning, independent, non-profit community health system, clinically affiliated with Mass General Brigham and other academic medical centers
- A regional health system of choice with more than 600 experienced primary care physicians and specialists
- Specialty centers including surgery, oncology, breast health, scoliosis, physical, occupational, speech, neuro and sports therapies, concussion, bariatrics, endoscopy, PET-CT, bone and joints, urology, birthing, Steinberg Wellness Center for Mind and Body, and more
- Outpatient and urgent care centers throughout the region, serving more than 300,000 people in 25 cities and towns
- The latest healthcare technology, including 80- and 160-slice CT, PACS, IMRT radiation therapy, robotic-assisted surgery, electronic health records, computerized provider order entry, and more
- Dedicated child life and spiritual care teams, a robust volunteer program, and more to support patients and families
- Strong philanthropic support to ensure a successful future
- Expert care in a patient-focused, kind, caring, team-oriented, supportive work environment
- Collaborative patient care model
Caring for the community for more than a century
Like the town it was founded in, Emerson has a deep history. In 1911, the hospital began to provide healthcare to residents. In 1924, Emerson Hospital was named to honor the nephew of Ralph Waldo Emerson, leader of the transcendentalist movement. A century later, our new name Emerson Health reflects the depth and breadth of services we offer to the entire region.
Today, more than 300,000 people choose Emerson Health’s experienced doctors and clinicians for their care. As the region’s only independent, non-profit health system, Emerson consists of an acute care, 149-bed hospital, with more than 600 experienced physicians on staff.
With primary and specialty centers in Bedford, Concord, Groton, Maynard, Sudbury, and Westford, and urgent care centers in Hudson, Littleton, and Maynard, the community depends on Emerson Health for advanced, personalized care at every stage of life.
We continue to innovate and expand to maintain our reputation as the health system of choice throughout the region. In recent years we opened a state-of-the-art endoscopy center, expanded our surgery, birthing, urology, infusion, and rehabilitation centers, and added new technologies and robotic equipment to our operating suites. Plans are underway for a major renovation that will transform our main campus in Concord, adding a state-of-the-art emergency department, clinical spaces, and private in-patient rooms.
Location, location, location
Our main campus is located in historic Concord, Massachusetts, just a 30-minute drive northwest of Boston. Throughout the region, you will find everything Boston has to offer with more green space and natural recreation, a strong family-friendly environment, renowned destinations for culture and cuisine, a commuter train into the city, and some of the best public schools in the state.
The majority of our physicians and staff live in our service area — a hallmark of a strong community hospital, and a testament to our coveted location.
Culture that supports physicians
Emerson has a strong culture of supporting physicians. The leadership team, including our president and CEO, are committed to the highest-quality patient care and are always open to hearing feedback from the medical staff. The medical staff cares about the hospital and takes an active role for continued success.
Outstanding hospitalist program
Emerson’s successful adult and pediatric hospitalist program enables coordinated patient care, timely medical consultations, and staffing based on patient care 24/7. Our hospitalists, collaborating with our care management team, facilitate connections and transfers with services that patients may need after they leave Emerson, including home health care, skilled nursing and specialized rehabilitation.
Excellence in our affiliations
While Emerson physicians provide all of the services that most patients will ever need — right in the community, our strong relationships with Boston’s academic centers ensure that patients have access to world-class resources, should they require more advanced care.
The Mass General Cancer Center at Emerson – Bethke is staffed by oncologists from Mass General Hospital, giving patients the expertise of MGH cancer care and access to clinical trials, right in their own community.
Awards and Achievements
We are proud of the honors we receive for patient safety and quality. Here are just a few of our recent awards and achievements. For a complete list, visit emersonhealth.org/awards.
- Only hospital in New England named a Top General Hospital, 2022
- Consistent “A” safety scores
- Patient Safety Award
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award
- Prostate Surgery Excellence
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services five-star quality rating
- Blue Cross Blue Shield's Blue Distinction Center+ for several of our services
- Designated a Primary Stroke Service by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Newsweek Magazine American’s Best Maternity Hospitals
- Top Doctors Boston Magazine
- Women's Choice Awards best hospital for patient experience and numerous service areas
- Top 15 in annual Boston Globe Top 100 Women-Led Businesses in Massachusetts